Search the Wisconsin Historical Society's collections

Searching for

Refine by

Results 1-20 of 30

Photograph

Mine Building

Date: 1910
Description: Mining building. Possibly in Ironton.
Photograph

Toll House

Date: 1924
Description: The old toll house. The house is surrounded by a sagging wire fence, and there are two pumps in the overgrown yard.
Photograph

Mining Building

Date: 1910
Description: An old, dilapidated mining building surrounded by a field.
Photograph

Remington House

Date: 1906
Description: Exterior view of the Remington House, located on 2nd Street.
Photograph

Falhenstern's Mill

Date: 1924
Description: A deteriorating wooden structure with a stone foundation stands on an overgrown site.
Photograph

Tavern at Exeter

Date: 1925
Description: A wooden, two-story saltbox style building in an advanced state of neglect.
Photograph

Crumbling Mine Building

Date: 1909
Description: A deteriorating mining building seen from across a field.
Photograph

First Beetown House

Date: 1925
Description: An early two-story frame house with a lean-to addition on the rear.
Photograph

Melchior House

Date: 08 05 1925
Description: The Melchior Hotel on the Mississippi River, with the "brewery at near end." There is a prominent stone portion at right center with several wings or addit...
Photograph

The Red Tavern

Date: 1925
Description: A deteriorating wooden structure with two gables on the front, identified as the Red Tavern between Kilbourn and Mauston, built in 1848.
Photograph

Stone Mill

Date: 04 1926
Description: Old stone mill, with a smaller wooden addition on the left. Water is passing through the flume.
Photograph

Low Tavern

Date: 1924
Description: View of the Low Tavern from the yard. There are two small porches on the left and right side of the building, and two chimneys.
Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924
Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.
Photograph

Stone Barn

Date: 1925
Description: A man enters the side door of the stone barn at the Stone Barn Tavern, three miles west of Milton.
Photograph

Kellogg Tavern

Date: 1925
Description: A large wooden classical revival style building identified as the Kellogg Tavern in Kellogg's Corner, part of Somers township.
Photograph

Wooden Mill Building

Date: 1925
Description: Large wooden mill building. This mill was built in 1872 by Benjamin Boorman on the site of an earlier (1842) mill built by McNeil, Elmore, and McClure. The...
Photograph

Dell House

Date: 1910
Description: Dell House, built in 1828 by Robert Allen in the vicinity of the Wisconsin Dells. This Inn was later operated by the J.B. McCuen Family. It burned down som...
Photograph

Stone Barn Tavern

Date: 1925
Description: The Stone Barn Tavern, located about three miles west of Milton. The three cottonwood trees in front of the tavern were brought from Vermont. There are sev...
Photograph

LaFayette Hill Tavern

Date: 1925
Description: This two-story wooden structure was originally the house of LaFayette Hill (1812-1853), a member of Wisconsin's first Constitutional Convention and settler...
Photograph

John Corn's Place

Date: 09 03 1925
Description: A deteriorating one and a half-story log structure owned by John Corn. He was a Menomonee tribesman who operated a logger's place of entertainment and supp...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: