Search the Wisconsin Historical Society's collections

Searching for

Refine by

Results 61-80 of 146

Photograph

Old Stage Inn

Date: 1955
Description: View of an old stage inn located about two miles south of Shopiere.
Photograph

Buck Inn

Date: 1920
Description: Exterior view of the Buck Inn at Lost Lake Resort. Caption reads: "Buck Inn At Lost Lake Resort, Sayner, Wis."
Photograph

Water Street

Date: 1880
Description: View of unpaved Water Street, featuring a group of patrons standing in the entrance of A. Becker's Saloon.
Photograph

Ferry House

Date: 1923
Description: The 1847 Ferry House, a two-story wooden, classical revival style structure with six over six windows. There is a second-story front porch and small lean-t...
Photograph

Strachota Brothers General Store and Saloon

Date: 1910
Description: Exterior view of the Strachota Brothers general store and saloon, including people and horses. Caption reads: "Strachota Bros. Gen Store & Saloon, St. Kili...
Photograph

Ruggles Tavern

Date: 1900
Description: Exterior view of Ruggles Tavern from yard. There is a long, screened-in porch along the front of the L-shaped building. A stone mounting block is at the c...
Photograph

Milton House Inn

Date: 1925
Description: The Milton House Inn. The Milton House was a part of the Underground Railroad prior to the abolition of slavery. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Good...
Photograph

Milton House Inn

Date: 1935
Description: The Milton House was a part of the Underground Railroad prior to the abolition of slavery. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into a...
Photograph

Milton House

Date: 1900
Description: The Milton House was a part of the Underground Railroad prior to the abolition of slavery. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into a...
Photograph

Milton House

Date: 1955
Description: The Milton House was a part of the Underground Railroad prior to the abolition of slavery. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into a...
Photograph

Milton House Cabin

Date: 1935
Description: A view of a cabin and other buildings on the property of the Milton House, which was a part of the Underground Railroad prior to the abolition of slavery. ...
Photograph

Milton Log Cabin Behind the Milton House

Date: 1935
Description: A view of the cabin on the property of the Milton House, which was a part of the Underground Railroad prior to the abolition of slavery. The house was buil...
Photograph

Prescott House

Date: 1932
Description: Exterior view of the Prescott House, an inn built in 1856 that served the nearby farmers until about 1870.
Photograph

Buildings Along Levee

Date: 1868
Description: Stereograph view of the levee, with buildings along the left. Signs on the buildings read, left to right: "(?) Hotel", "Saloon" and "Dunbar's Hall." People...
Photograph

Stockman Inn

Date: 
Description: Stockman Inn, built in 1837 by Charles B. Stockman.
Photograph

Saloon

Date: 1897
Description: Saloon owned by Tom Emerson. Poster advertises a fair in Black River Falls on September 7, 8, 9, and 10, 1897.
Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900
Description: Bluff street looking west. Posters are on a wall on the far right next to a building with an awning that reads: "Saloon".
Photograph

People on Street

Date: 1906
Description: View down unpaved street with snow along the curbs. The Post office is the first building on the left. Other buildings are occupied by a doctor's office, s...
Photograph

Art's Tavern

Date: 1940
Description: Exterior view from street of Art's Tavern.
Photograph

Steele Tavern

Date: 1923
Description: Steele Tavern, built in 1849. The large, two-story wooden building with a rear wing, is in a state of neglect. The portion on the left has twelve over eigh...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: