Search the Wisconsin Historical Society's collections

Searching for

Refine by

Results 61-80 of 497

Photograph

Indian Mound Marker

Date: 1924
Description: A marker showing an Indian Mound in La Crosse.
Photograph

Marathon County Court House

Date: 1955
Description: Elevated view of the Marathon County Court House grounds in the foreground. The uprooting of the trees was done in preparation to raze the court house.
Photograph

Myrick Marker

Date: 1942
Description: The Myrick Marker on the Funke Candy factory placed by the La Crosse Chapter, D.A.R. to mark the site of the first house built in La Crosse in 1842 by Nath...
Photograph

Exterior of the Winterble House

Date: 09 26 1955
Description: Bonnie Kienitz and Freda K. Winterble in front of the Petheridge/Isom/Keystone house, built in 1853. The residence, located at 901 University Bay Drive, i...
Photograph

Dedication of Lake Ripley Ole Evinrude Historical Marker

Date: 06 26 1955
Description: Arthur Melster, President of Cambridge Foundation; K.K. Amundson. M.D. of Cambridge; and W.T. Webb of Evinrude Motors, look at the Lake Ripley Ole Evinrude...
Photograph

Lake Pepin Marker

Date: 1940
Description: A marker at Lake Pepin made by the sixth grade of Whitehall Memorial School as part of their Junior Historian activities. The Junior Historians are a grade...
Photograph

Old Mission

Date: 1905
Description: View across water towards Old Mission, as seen from the pier with Old Mission Congregational Church behind it. This Mission was established in 1830 by Fred...
Photograph

Foundation for Lodging House at First Wisconsin Capitol Historic Site

Date: 1955
Description: Foundation built for the lodging house at First Capitol Historic Site. The lodging house was moved and restored in the 1950s. The corner of the Council Ho...
Photograph

"End of the Trail"

Date: 
Description: View of the bronze sculpture entitled: "The End of the Trail."
Photograph

Building Used as Lodging House by Members of First Territorial Legislature

Date: 1957
Description: Building used as a lodging house for the First Territorial Legislature held in Belmont in 1836.
Postcard

Cutler House

Date: 1890
Description: Souvenir postcard showing a view of the Cutler house and Morris D. Cutler. Caption reads: "Souvenir postcard of centennial celebration of the founding of W...
Photograph

Old Houses on Shakerag Street

Date: 10 1948
Description: The Pendarvis and Trelawny homes on Shake Rag Street, originally Cornish miner's cottages.
Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1940
Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...
Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1945
Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...
Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1953
Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...
Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1955
Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...
Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1945
Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...
Photograph

Polperro Undergoing Restoration

Date: 1940
Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, built in the 1840s, on Shake Rag Street undergoing restoration. The house was temporarily covered with s...
Photograph

Official Wisconsin Marker of Shake Rag Street

Date: 1951
Description: The official Wisconsin marker of Shake Rag Street and the committee of citizens who sponsored placing the marker. (Left to right): Ross Graves, President o...
Photograph

Tower Hill Smelter

Date: 1945
Description: A marker at the former site of the smelter which stood at the top of the shot tower shaft. The sign reads: "Tower Hill State Park The Old Shot Tower At thi...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: