Search the Wisconsin Historical Society's collections

Searching for

Refine by

Results 1-20 of 124

Photograph

Elderberries on Quinney Farm

Date: 2001
Description: Elderberries in the countryside foreground and a landscape view of the Quinney farm.
Photograph

Mailbox and Front Porch

Date: 2001
Description: Mailbox and front porch of the Quinney farmhouse.
Photograph

Winter at the Farm

Date: 2001
Description: Winter scene of a snow-covered landscape near the Quinney farm.
Photograph

Toward the Old Place

Date: 2003
Description: A landscape view toward the Old Place on the Quinney farm.
Photograph

El Paso Service Station

Date: 2008
Description: Knute Bjornson originally built this house in the 1860's and in 1933, his grandson Cooney Bjornson reassembled the humble log building to house a gas stati...
Photograph

Platteville Service Station

Date: 2008
Description: The brick building at 340 South Chestnut Street, was built around 1930. It resembled the house-with-canopy-type station commonly constructed throughout the...
Photograph

Town of Emmet Service Station

Date: 2008
Description: Constructed of red brick and capped by a steeply pitched gable roof accented with gently flared eaves, this one-story station, built in the mid-1920s, rese...
Photograph

Hartland Service Station

Date: 2008
Description: Located at 252-256 West Capitol Drive, this Tudor Revival-style structure was built as a residence in the early 1920s and was altered a few years later by ...
Photograph

Waterford-Phillips Service Station

Date: 2008
Description: Located at 100 South Jefferson Street, started out as a Phillips 66 service station, built in 1935. It is currently Uncle Harry's Frozen Custard.
Photograph

Kennan Service Station

Date: 2008
Description: Rudy Kuchlenz built this clapboard-sided building at the crossroads of U.S. Highway 8 and County Highway J in the village of Kennan, in 1927.
Photograph

Bush-Cheney '04 sign

Date: 2004
Description: View from across street of a man holding Bush-Cheney '04 sign along intersection. A man next to him holds an illegible sign.
Photograph

Jule's Coffee Shop

Date: 2009
Description: Customers around outside seating at Jule's Coffee shop on Pearl Street.
Photograph

Boeck Farm — Alternate View

Date: 2004
Description: This is the Boeck Farm from down the road a bit.
Photograph

Schnitzler Barn

Date: 2004
Description: Andy and Karen Schnitzler, owner/operator of the River View Hills and Apartments, 100 Kelly Boulevard, use this barn for their Community Center.
Photograph

Bonack Barn — Exterior

Date: 2004
Description: Leo and Helen Bonack, at W2472 Hwy TW (Section 6), have lived here for 38 years. Cows were last milked in 1960.
Photograph

American Legion Post 69

Date: 11 16 2001
Description: "On this evening we travel to American Legion, Bonau Whereatt, Post 69 in Mayville, WI. Carl "Bear" Bandle is the manager." Note the fish fry signboard.
Photograph

Lifke Farm Complex

Date: 2004
Description: The Arnold and Bernice Lifke farm is located on a high hill at W1749 McArthur Road (Section 20).
Photograph

The One-Room Schoolhouse on the Priestaf Property

Date: 2004
Description: This old one-room schoolhouse is on the Priestaf property. Called the "Good Road School," it was closed in the 1950s. The Priestaf house is a log building.
Photograph

Mork Farm

Date: 2004
Description: The Mork property is landlocked. Laura has to drive on a neighbors property to reach Hwy 175.
Photograph

Bonack Barn — Alternate View

Date: 2004
Description: Don Bonack's parents, Gilbert and Arlene, purchased this farm in 1955.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: